Wednesday 31 March 2010

5# Mr Lee of HURWUNDEKI -




I don't usually meet such sincere people, but Mr Korean born Kichul Lee is super sweet, super laid back and super real - He's a family man with 2 children and is also the Creative director and owner of Hurwundeki. I first met him when I cheekily asked if I could take a magazine from his new unopened, unready shop. He was in overalls - getting stuck in decorating. With a cafe, hair salon and Hurwundeki boutiques in East London - Many owners would just hire decorators. So when Lee told me he's the owner I was a little suprised. [ Yeah. Me and my JUDGMENTAL eyes - blah blah ] But it also told me he's passionate and hardworking - and I respect and admire these people the most.



J- What does Hurwundeki mean?

K- It means Hair. It's a dialect from my home town which is called Jeju, island of Korea.

J- What made you start a fashion brand?

K- I was interested in starting it all my life.

J- How did you start Hurwundeki?

K- I started it 18 years ago in Seoul - Korea, as a hair salon as I was only a hair dresser at the time.

J- You're a hair stylist as well as the owner of your company, which do you love the most ?

K- If you have 4 children can you say who is your favourite child?

J- You moved to London in...?

K- In 2000.

J- Do you prefer Korea to London? Or vice- versa?

K- Anywhere I need to be.

J- What is your favourite about London?

K- Gives me hard work.

J- Is there anything else you are interested in, in terms of Art?

K- I like any kind of unique objects.

J- Your aims right now?

K- Die to work.

J- Do you regret anything?

K- Yes, I do. Spent too much time for nothing which I can’t take it back.

J- If you could erase a stage of your life what would it be?

K- Too much going out and met too many people who I didn’t love.

J- How did you get through the tough times?

K- Life and job are hard, so if you don't expect too much from it, it'll never be tough.

J- Go relaxing or keep working?

K- I don’t know the meaning of relaxing because I’ve never worked extremely hard.

J- What do you remember about your 'two/zeros'?

K- The shining of light.

J- How would you end this interview?

K- Thanks for giving me this space as I know there are so many talented and great people in London.

God bless you

J- Thank you -

A quiet man of very few words and very cool clothes - www.hurwundeki.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
London Town, United Kingdom
Qwan is an evolving concept for many things. Online BlogMag - Fashion / Art / Music - www.qwanqwan.com

Followers

 

Free Hit Counters
Singles Dating